Monday, August 6, 2012

Unrelated Shit: "Unrelated Shit"


















Hello Friends, Freunde, Amis, Друзья, Cairde, Vänner,

I thought I'd take this instance of the "Unrelated Shit" segment to provide informative graphics that elucidate things I could never expound upon from life experiences successfully, since I suck at reading/understanding people's idiosyncrasies and languages (body and diction).

  

From life experiences, particularly the last two relationships, both resulting in the women claiming I am awful at those languages.
(As if I give a fuck)
That's silly, however.

The, "I don't give a fuck about what other people think about me" attitude. 
It's a rather jejune mindset, most people use it in a jocular manner, of course, but almost every jest has eyes of truth behind them.
You should give a damn about what other people think about you.
I'm not going to say the cliché bullshit "In the real world, blah fucking blah", or "Once you get a job, I'm a fucking cunt yadda yadda yadda", I'm going to keep it simple.
Peoples' opinions do matter.
We wouldn't have an entire cultural distortion resulting from it, a culture of freedom of expression versus the counter-culture of apathetic indifference to things that might actually matter, if we really didn't care.
The entirety of our youths are dedicated to receiving other peoples' opinions and instructions. Out of the ineluctable "teenage spirit" of rebellion and clashes of values, we rebel against this norm we've had to endure, sometimes painfully, for the majority of our youth; but what truly, are we committing in this act? Sure, it's a "power trip", we're simply taking advantage of the new liberties we receive in the approach to adulthood. But are we doing it the right way?
Of course not. Nobody immediately assumes power and uses it the right way. You don't pick up a gun for the first time and hit dead-center nine bullets in a row.
(You'll probably end up jacking your shoulder or your wrist like I did.)

So of course, I know you're lying, or sitting there, early in the ungodly hours or late in the night at the mall because your lady-friend decided she wanted some clothes, and you need entertainment as you sit there, waiting "eagerly" to voice your opinion which you know she will ignore, wondering, "Holy shit, how did he know that?", but seriously, you're probably wondering, "Well why should I give a shit about your opinion, random American blogger?" Well, that's your decision. But it's a powerful decision. If you heed my advice (or you're a mature enough person to already be living as such), you'll learn so much more about other people, and yourself, if you just listen, to what they have to say.
Not "hear", "listen".

Sure, you can disregard my opinion entirely, I cannot change that, and you can simply disregard the opinions of everyone else, and live the rest of your life as some teenage girl who tweets about how annoying everyone else is, and how that no one has a "life" but her, or you can live a life that still revolves around you, but in such a way that you wish to improve yourself on what other people say, not to appease them, but to satisfy yourself, and to really understand and dedicate yourself for what you really want to be, and achieve.


Full Size
Amazing how such subtle mannerisms and gesticulations can hint so much, is it not?
There is so much written in one's countenance, their past, their present, and their perceptions of their future. They mean not to evince so much toward(s) anyone else, but it can, and will, always come through. Even I, one of the most stoic individuals, display such subtleties as to betray my emotions or thoughts. Usually they match my face. I.e. nothing. Of course, body language is the department I am "lacking" in, according to my last girlfriend. But that's mainly because I look like I just don't care. But hey, at least I'm honest!
Full Size
Sure wish I had a damned clue about music so I could do something about this. Hopefully you can, however. I just play random notes on a piano sometimes, no sheets or anything, just play around, really. It helps for dexterity, never a hindrance.
Full Size
One of the tougher questions anyone can ask themselves, for this question directly affects their perspectives of their (post) mortality.Given facts to the contrary, of course, usually leads to a dissonance that never ends well. This is a major reason I say, "listen", and not "hear". It never hurts to try and understand someone, unless dey tak liek diz.

So, really, what do you want out of life? 


No comments:

Post a Comment